Open Enrollment 2023 Key Dates:
- October 13, 2022 – ORS staff presentation to Association of Retired San Jose Police Officers and Firefighters at their monthly membership meeting. Click here for more info.
- October 13, 2022 – ORS staff presentation to San Jose Retired Employees Association (SJREA) at their monthly membership meeting. Click here for more info.
- October 31, 2022 - Open Enrollment Packets Delivered by U.S. Postal Service to your mailing address on file with ORS
- November 1, 2022 – Open Enrollment Begins. First day change forms will be accepted.
- November 2, 2022 – Retiree In-person Health Fair & Free Flu Shots
10am - 2pm - Leininger Center, Okayama Room
- November 30, 2022 – Open Enrollment Ends. Last day change forms will be accepted.
What’s New in 2023:
- Full Time Student (FTS) Changes for Vision and Dental Insurance: effective January 1, 2023, dental and vision coverage are available to dependents aged 19 – 24 regardless of full-time student status. Retirees no longer have to provide class lists to ORS. All dependents currently covered will be automatically covered until age 24. For those retirees wanting to add a dependent to your coverages, you must submit an Open Enrollment form by November 30, 2022.
- Kaiser Permanente Senior Advantage (KPSA) California KPSA only. New! Every KPSA member now has a quarterly benefit of $70 to spend on over the counter (OTC) wellness products. Click here for more info.
- Kaiser Permanente HMO plans: California only. Ginger, the new Mental Health and Wellness coaching app is ready to take your call, text, or inquiry. Ginger’s skilled emotional support coaches are accessible 24/7. Click here to get started.
What’s Changing in 2023:
- 2023 Rates, increases range from 0.00% to 15.08% on the various plan offerings. Please review your plan’s rate sheet located on the Medical, Dental and/or Vision tabs.
- Kaiser Permanente Senior Advantage (KPSA) for California KPSA plans only, the maximum annual out-of-pocket has been reduced to $1000 from $1,500.
- There are no new plans being added in 2023. Dental options, vision options, and medical insurance options have not changed in 2023. Click below to see plan details.
What’s Continuing in 2023:
- Anthem Medicare Advantage Plans
- Anthem’s SilverSneakers program is a fitness and wellness program offered at no additional cost to eligible Medicare plans that helps all levels and abilities get active, get fit, and connect with others through online and in-person classes, over 15,000 fitness locations, and health & wellness discounts. Click here for more info.
- Anthem’s 24/7 Nurse Line allows you to speak to a registered nurse anytime you need a nurse or have a health-related question.
- Anthem’s Live Health online brings a doctor and/or a mental health therapist to you via your phone, computer, tablet, or smartphone for $0. Use your Anthem member id number to create an account and be connected with a doctor immediately. Click here for more info.
- Kaiser Permanente Senior Advantage (KPSA)